Date:      Fri, 6 Apr 2001 03:32:18 -0400
From:      Mike Nowlin <mike@argos.org>
To:        Jon Molin <jon.molin@resfeber.se>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adding a new drive

--7ZAtKRhVyVSsbBD2

On  0, Jon Molin <jon.molin@resfeber.se> wrote:
> Hi
>=20
> Before you just stopp reading with the thought 'duh, this question is for
> freebsd-newbie' please read it becouse i've asked it both at newbie and
> questions and haven't got any sullotion.
>=20
> What I'm trying to do is to simply add a new ide drive with only freebsd =
> get some more space and i can't do it. Fdisk doesn't seems to write the i=
nfo
> to the drive. I've used it before so i know there's no problem with the d=
rive
> itself, tried both fat32 and ext2fs and that works just fine. The kernel =
finds
> the drive:
> ad3: 6187MB <FUJITSU MPB3064ATU> [13410/15/63] at ata1-slave UDMA33

Easiest way to do this is to use /stand/sysinstall - be careful about it
(think about what you're doing before you commit anything), but by using the
fdisk & disklabel sections of the prog, it's pretty simple to add an extra
drive...  It warns you that you should "only use this on a RUNNING system!"
in certain places - that's normal.  You're basically editing what the system
uses for mount points, etc.  Just don't muck around with your running
drives...

mike

--7ZAtKRhVyVSsbBD2

--7ZAtKRhVyVSsbBD2--