Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2000 22:44:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dru <genisis@istar.ca>
To:        Laurence Berland <stuyman@confusion.net>
Cc:        R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@nwlink.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: can't receive mail with pine

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Laurence Berland wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that pine will fetch POP3 mail if you tell it to
> (overriding the default local /var deal).  I'm not quite sure fetch is
> the right way to describe IMAP.  I've also been told there are no truly
> good IMAP clients yet.  Any suggestions? (Ducks in anticipation of holy
> war :)

From the ports description for Pine:

Besides Pine this package includes the Pico editor, the Pilot file browser
and also the IMAPv4r1 daemon and POP2/POP3 servers (these daemons are not
built by default -- please use the "imap-uw" port for this).

If I'm reading this correctly, Pine supports POP3 server, but to actually
build it, you have to build and configure the imap-uw port.

Dru