Date:      Sat, 9 Sep 1995 16:37:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mail Archive <archive@cps.cmich.edu>
To:        David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
Cc:        John Capo <jc@irbs.com>, roberto@keltia.freenix.fr, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sig 11

On Sat, 9 Sep 1995, David Greenman wrote:

>    Okay, everyone else has reported back that the problems have gone away
> after rebuilding everything. The only remaining report of sig 11 type of
> trouble is yours. Can you send me more information about your system, a
> "dmesg" would be useful, for example. Also, when was the last time you
> updated your sources? It's possible that the update you did was during a
> time when changes were being made and thus the changes may be incomplete.
>
> -DG
I sup'ed a -stable about 5 hours ago it just finished with the same problems.
of sig 11's.. I am doing a current sup back to -current now and I will
report in about ~4ish hours. I have just changed motherboards and RAM in
the machine I just compiled to -stable and am rebuilding a new machine on
the old motherboard/Ram.. I will give results in a few hours.....

(Last time I had sig 11's and it was not freebsd it was RAM so I am
checking for that problem.........)

Thanks for the help....

So when is SMP for FreeBSD going to be around
They apparently have stated on the Linux mailing lists that they are just
finishing up their code getting ready for Linus to include it into their
kernel. :)

Matthew S. Bailey
mbailey@cps.cmich.edu
Assist. Sys. Admin. Central Michigan University