Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 2000 17:07:33 -0300
From:      Gustavo Pamplona <pamplona@uai.com.br>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   FBSDBOOT.EXE, Vi and DosCMD.

Hi, BSDusers.

I know I ought to post these 2 questions to questions mailing list.

How can I use FBSDBOOT.EXE? When I try to use it, it give me a error of
"Invalid Format!", I think is the kernel was compiled for Elf format, so,
is there a way to compile the kernel in the Static Format, Stripped or not
Stripped.

Vi, the editor, one dumb question, is there a way to select more text than
one line? The command 'yy' only select one line. Well, when I use, for
example, the Vi of my Linux Slackware, I can press 'v' at my keyboard, and
I can use both arrow keys or 'h,j,k,l' to select the text, been after I
press 'y' to select 'yank the lines'

I know the version of Vi of Slackware is different from my Vi of FreeBSD.
Do I need to install another version? Or, what is the correct key?

DosCMD - Again, I know I ought to post this to emulation mailing list.

How can I use it? I saw is necessary to put some lines at the Kernel
Configuration File, or in other words, is necessary to add more options to
the Kernel. How can I would use a MS-DOS executable over/under * FreeBSD.

* I apologise for my english today It's ugly. The words over/under, I also
don't know the best word for fit the sentence, to me both words means the
same thing, which is "sobre" at my native language Portuguese.