Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 18:58:55 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Feh!  mrouted is eating my brain..

Well, I've subjected my little network to all sorts of major upheavals
and tried various things which simply seem to have moved the problem
around.  I switched freefall so that it talked to the slip line at a
different subnet address but it moved the same problem to the other
side, routing from the sl0 address to my own subnet.  I think I could
have made it work with more kludging, but 4 addresses for one point to
point connection?  Bleah!  Forget it!

I now have a tunnel (be they for railroads or not) going from who to
whisker and it works just fine.  Show me how to make mrouted route
between interfaces on the same subnet and I'll be more than happy
to dispense with the tunnel again! :-)

						Jordan