Date:      03 Feb 98 08:36:09 +0100
From:      leifn@image.dk (Leif Neland)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Modifyed ping

I have changed ping to only send 4 pings by default instead of infinite
(uninitialized, as far as I can see).

SysV and M$ also only send 4 pings by default.

If I think this should be standard in FreeBSD, how do I change the standard? I
mean, where, and who do I have to persuade to put this into the main
distribution. Is there a mailing list for discussing such changes?

The reason: I have often started a ping in one window, jumped to watch ppp in
another, only to discover half an hour (or later) that the ping is still
pinging and keeping the line open.

Leif Neland
leifn@image.dk

---