Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 1999 16:45:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
To:        Paolo Di Francesco <paipai@tin.it>
Cc:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD version to base Sparc development on

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Paolo Di Francesco wrote:

> > > How to download the kernel and play with it?
> >
> > Whoa!!  Perhaps people should take a trip to www.freebsd.org and read
> > http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/cutting-edge.html#CURRENT
> >

> Already read it many months ago... 8)
>
> > > Could be CVS a solution?
> >
> > CVS *IS* the solution.
> >

> Hum.. maybe the question should have been: Is CVS the _only_ solution?

it's the BEST solution, how do you plan on showing us diffs without
a compatible repository mechanism?

> > > Will this situation change in the future? (separate kernel package and
> > > user-land)
> >
> > The above URL will answer all your questions.
> >

> Personally, I prefer the one-big-package solution. But I think I'll set
> up CVS next weekend. ;)

The simplest thing I found was to download the cvs repository, I'll get
you a cvsup file that explains how to do this as soon as I get my machines
up in working order.

In the meanwhile check out /usr/share/examples/{cvs,cvsup} those
have files that will help you download your own cvs repository.

btw, did we go over the issues about developing for -CURRENT instead of
for -STABLE about FIVE TIMES ALREADY?  Let me reitirate (or just irritate):

IF YOU DON'T DO IT FOR -CURRENT THEY WON'T TAKE THE PATCHES, THANK YOU.

thanks,
-Alfred