Date:      Mon, 28 Sep 1998 19:27:48 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        shimon@simon-shapiro.org
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X11R6 and CAM (??)

Simon Shapiro writes:
>I know the ports are not dow yet, but this one does not seem ELF related,
>rather... CAM (??) releated;  The following errors started cropping up just
>about when CAM was checked in.  I searched for these symbols and cannot
>find them.  Any clue?
>
>gcc -O2   -I. -I./lib/Xt -I. -I./X11  -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/include
>-DCSRG_BASED  -DHAVE_SYS_PARAM_H -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO   -c
>freebsd_system.c
>freebsd_system.c:147: `DK_NDRIVE' undeclared here (not in a function)
>freebsd_system.c:147: `DK_NAMELEN' undeclared here (not in a function)
>freebsd_system.c:196: `DK_NDRIVE' undeclared here (not in a function)
>freebsd_system.c: In function `total_disk_transfers':
>freebsd_system.c:278: `DK_NDRIVE' undeclared (first use this function)
>freebsd_system.c:278: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>freebsd_system.c:278: for each function it appears in.)
>freebsd_system.c: In function `collect_stats':
>freebsd_system.c:310: `DK_NDRIVE' undeclared (first use this function)
>freebsd_system.c:385: `MOUNT_NFS' undeclared (first use this function)
>freebsd_system.c: In function `get_namelist':
>freebsd_system.c:483: `DK_NDRIVE' undeclared (first use this function)
>*** Error code 1

since CAM this functionality is provided using sysctl. There's a library
(libdevstat) which provides a pretty good interface and hides all the
dirty details of using the sysctl's.

This looks like xsysinfo. I munged it to work with libdevstat (basically
stole the code from iostat :) and sent the changes to the maintainer.
Unfortunately, he's currently doing his compulsory military service and
doesn't have time to look at my changes :(

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de
Work - garyj@fkr.dec.com