Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 1997 01:18:12 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BT848: Revenge of the smurfs

>From The Desk Of Doug White :
> 5.  A special hack needs to be made for the Mach64 X server.  Amancio
> reports the Mach64 cards' RGB bit order is backwards from other (S3?)
> units.  This is best exhibited by firing up tv and tuning to the evening
> news -- it's the attack of the killer human-sized smurfs!  :)
> Traditionally blue backgounds become fire red, and my nice blue raincoat
> performs a similar transformation with my video camera.  Green comes
> through fine, as does captures from vic.

Just to get you going over there : Try setting the following bits:

bt848[BKTR_COLOR_CTL] :
	bit 3 WORD SWAP ODD
	bit 2 WORD SWAP EVEN
	bit 1 BYTE SWAP ODD
        bit 0 BYTE SWAP EVEN

Now if you look in brooktree848.c: start_capture
you will see:
	case METEOR_ONLY_EVEN_FIELDS:
		bktr->flags |= METEOR_WANT_EVEN;
		i_flag = 1;
		break;
	case METEOR_ONLY_ODD_FIELDS:
		bktr->flags |= METEOR_WANT_ODD;
		i_flag = 2;
		break;
	default:
		bktr->flags |= METEOR_WANT_MASK;
		i_flag = 3;
		break;
	}
even is for even frames
odd is for odd frames
default:
is for even and odd frames

For testing purposes I would just set bit 0 1 if you are capturing in 16bits
If you are capturing 32bits I would set bit 3 2.

bt848[BKTR_COLOR_CTL] |= 3;

Obviously this is a quick and very dirty hack but I think it can get you
going over there.

	Have fun,
	Amancio