Date:      Mon, 3 Jun 2002 13:37:31 -0700
From:      faSty <fasty@i-sphere.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   odd ipfw rule disappeared

Hi guys,

 I would like know anybody of you guys have problem with ipfw's rule
disappeared.

 When I create a rule of pipe 1 defined

"ipfw add 500 pipe 1 ip from domain to any"

It working just superb for like few days while that domain is very heavy
traffic pretty lot (well over 1 million visit per day). In few days the
rule num 500 for pipe 1 disappeared repeat every few days (3 or 4 days).

Is that something that cracker resetting my firewall to remove the bandwidth
shaper or is that bug in kernel?

-fasty
--
There was a young fellow named Bliss