Date:      Tue, 28 Apr 1998 09:09:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        Michael Bloemer <Sir_Wraith@bigfoot.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Java support

Yes, FreeBSD does have a Java port.  It runs well and several people have
ported other software, like Sun's JWS 2.0a.

On the other hand, the Java ICQ is still very buggy.  This is on all versions of
Java in Linux and BSD's. (Reconnect is not yet implemented.)  If you read
Mirabilis' newsgroups, you will see the *many* complaints.

But I do have to say that some have had ICQ work fine for them.

Patrick Gardella

P.S.  Could you tone down your .sig?  It was three times as long as the
message!