Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2000 09:38:09 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Proposed new Bourne shell init files

Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <38E2F801.548AAAF1@gorean.org> Doug Barton writes:
> : --- /usr/src/share/skel/dot.cshrc       Sat Mar 25 15:23:36 2000
> : +++ /usr/src/etc/root/dot.cshrc Sat Mar 25 15:23:43 2000
> : @@ -1,4 +1,4 @@
> :  if ($?prompt) then
> :         # An interactive shell -- set some stuff up
> : +       set prompt = "`hostname -s`# "
> :         set filec
> :         set history = 100
> :         set savehist = 100
>
> Ahem.  This should be `hostname -s %` unless this is only for root.  I
> thought that this was for everybody.  Only root should have a # prompt.

	Grrrfl. This is entirely my fault. I diff'ed the normal user's and the
root user's dot.cshrc files. Sorry Robert, I wasn't looking carefully
enough. (I'm not a csh user, I think I added that disclaimer in there
somewhere... :)

	The sh files that were attached to my post got much more careful
scrutiny, rest assured.

Doug
--
    "So, the cows were part of a dream that dreamed itself into
existence? Is that possible?" asked the student incredulously.