Date:      Thu, 8 May 2003 20:54:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Wesley Morgan <morganw@chemikals.org>
To:        arno@heho.snv.jussieu.fr
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mmake / maake (Toshiba Satelite 6000 X11 keyboard weirdness)

On Thu, 8 May 2003 arno@heho.snv.jussieu.fr wrote:

> Peter,
>
> > if [ -x /usr/X11R6/bin/xkbset ]; then
> >        xkbset m
> >        xkbset exp =m
> >        xkbset sl 5
> >        xkbset exp =sl
> >        xkbset -f slowaccept
> >        xkbset exp =f =slowaccept
> > fi
>
> yes! Thanx a lot (I should have asked much earlier ^_^)

The culprit is xkb. If you don't need it (which you probably don't), put
the line in your ServerFlags section:

Option "XkbDisable"

This will correct the problem. I'm not sure how well those xkbset rules
work, but if they are anything like AccessX, when your system is under
very high load you will find your keyboard quite nonfunctional as well as
moderate load forcing you to type very slowly.