Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 1999 16:10:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@phone.net>
To:        Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/9422

Well, I've not worked with the handbook, so I don't know the
format. But I'd expand it just a bit:

Make sure your environment is set up so that adding known good
packages with "add_pkg <i>packagename</i>" works properly, or "make
package" and "add_package `make package-name`" may fail for reasons
unlreated to the port you're doing.

Having done that, are you the person I should turn to for help with a
strange port? Got it working, but there's a step I can't automate in
the build process (nuts, I'm not sure I can do it at *all* on a
FreeBSD box). To wit, the distribution archive is encrypted, and you
have to send email agreeing to the license before the author will send
you the decryption password. I've got no idea how to encode that step.

	Thanx,
	<mike