Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2012 09:38:52 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        Franci Nabalanci <lumiwa@gmail.com>
Cc:        Chris Petrik <cpet@sdf.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Will we get a RELEASE-9.1 for Christmas?

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 3:21 AM, Franci Nabalanci <lumiwa@gmail.com> wrote:
> Problem is not release, problem are ports:
> second day and I am still running update for cyrus-sasl and pcre new
> because there are so many errors. Today I check /usr/ports/UPDATE and I saw
> another week for update: ImageMagick -r...
> And than after March we will gt GIMP 2.8, KDE whatever version...and New
> year will be here...
>
> And the same story repeat again...

Please, don't work so hard!

ImageMagick required a re-installation of exactly ONE port on my
laptop, editors/emacs (which has now been fixed so it actually will
re-build). pcre was worse, but still I got everything for all of the
commits yesterday rebuilt in a few hours yesterday afternoon. The only
REAL issue was avahi-app which has a badly ordered set of lib
directories. (Yes, I should submit a PR to get this fixed.)

Install sysutils/bsdadminscripts and run:
pkg_libchk -o | grep LIB_THAT_GOT_BUMPED | cut -f1 -d: | sort | uniq > SOMEFILE
portmaster -D `cat SOMEFILE`

pkg_libchk will take a while. On my 2 year old Core i5 laptop it takes
around 6 minutes for my 1100 installed ports, but it does let you know
just how it is prograssing.

This will build a vastly smaller number of ports. You will probably
need to remove graphics/py-clutter from SOMEFILE if you have it
installed as it is BROKEN for the moment. There may be a couple of
others, as well.

If you use pkgng, please try editing /usr/local/sbin/pkg_libchk to
replace "pkg_info" with "pkg info" in all locations and let me know
how it works, . I'm hoping that will make it work with pkgng, but I
have no way to check as I can't currently use pkgng on any of my
systems, yet.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558@gmail.com