Date:      Thu, 31 May 2012 02:12:24 +0700
From:      Adam Strohl <adams-freebsd@ateamsystems.com>
To:        David Chisnall <theraven@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Why Are You Using FreeBSD?

On 5/31/2012 1:20, David Chisnall wrote:
> I am currently looking at updating some of our advocacy material (which=
 advertises exciting new features like SMP support), and before I do I'd =
like to get a better feel for why the rest of you are using FreeBSD.  If =
you had to list the three things you most like about FreeBSD, which would=
 you pick?  Are they the same as when you first started using it?

1. High performance with security and stability focus -- truly makes it=20
the ideal server platform
2. The ports system (and supporting tools like portupgrade, portaudit, et=
c)
3. The OS "makes sense" (as Chris N. mentioned).  The file system=20
layout, tools, etc are consistent.

There is so much other stuff too.  Like PF and CARP, ZFS and more ...  a =

kick-ass combo of features and very server-focused.

As a professional admin FreeBSD is a pleasure to work with day in and=20
day out.  I've never heard a admins of "other" OSes say that :P