Date:      Tue, 5 Jul 2005 17:28:42 GMT
From:      Azamshul Azizy <semaun@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/83017: snd_ich freezes system when being kldload'ed after being kldunload'ed

>Number:         83017
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       snd_ich freezes system when being kldload'ed after being kldunload'ed
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
The problem exists on the Toshiba Dynabook G4/510PME laptop, Yamaha AC-XG ICH97 compatible chipset. I cvsupped to the latest 5.4-STABLE and recompiled the kernel using GENERIC. Rebooted the system, and loaded the snd_ich module, and tested it. It worked fine. Then I tried unloading it, and no errors occurred when doing this. After that, I tried reloading the module (using kldload), and the system froze. Btw, 5.3 / 4.11 and other previous releases freeze whenever I try to load snd_ich even from a clean startup (fatal trap 12). There's something from the past few days that is being committed to src that made the module loadable (and workable), so I hope that it won't break in the future.

And thanks to you guys for making this laptop scream!!! This is one of the best days of my life. I've been waiting for this day for the last 2 years.