Date:      Tue, 29 Sep 1998 21:18:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joey Garcia <bear@pacificnet.net>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux looms large: Intel, Netscape slap NT, will invest in Red Hat

On 29 Sep 1998, Dag-Erling C. [iso-8859-1] Smørgrav wrote:

> David Greenman <dg@root.com> writes:
> >    I dunno, it seems to be good news to me. It's not difficult to get Linux
> > people to switch to FreeBSD, it happens frequently and they usually stick
> > with us after switching.
>
> Yep. I'm slowly converting all my friends and acquaintances at
> University. Copped one more on Sunday and spent half the night
> yesterday handholding him through his first custom kernel build via
> talk(1) :)

I have given few cd's at school away to instructors and students.  One of
my buddies there has already installed the system, but I think he might
need a bit of hand holding too, although I don't mind helping others
because it helps me as well (especially with installs on different systems
and hardware).

The sad part of it all is that most the students and instructors have
heard about Linux, but not of FreeBSD. :(  Well I guess that's why I'm
there. :)

Bear