Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 1997 01:49:10 GMT
From:      Keith Mitchell <kmitch@weenix.guru.org>
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3.0-970114-SNAP as starting point for SMP kernel

> Jordon just announced availability of a 3.0-current SNAP.
> This would be a good starting point for those wanting to
> setup an SMP system.  Please report any successes (or failures)
> with this SNAP for SMP.  Details for getting from a SNAP
> to an SMP system are at:

I had to reinstal me system last night (a system crash took my root
and /usr with it).  Everything seemed to work fine except for the linux
emulation lkm.  I guess -current made some changes that the smp kernel
doesn't have.  The errors are:

/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment
/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment
/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment
/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment
/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment
/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment
/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment
/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment
/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment
/lkm/linux_mod.o: More undefined symbol _curproc refs follow

Are there any plans to merge -current into -smp or -smp into -current in
the near future??