Date:      Tue, 9 May 2000 16:38:28 -0600 (MDT)
From:      mlduke <mlduke@concentric.net>
To:        Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: One For the Books

Conrad is correct. Something _did_ write to the XF86Config file. What,
there is yet nary a clue. Have been running lsof in timed monitoring
mode and thus far--nada. Simply copied a backup file to /etc/XF86Config
and started over.

Major error: Did not _keep_ that mucked up file in order to search
for clues.

Thanks, Conrad.

ML Duke