Date:      Wed, 29 Aug 2012 09:34:51 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gustau_P=E9rez_i_Querol?= <gperez@entel.upc.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem adding more than 8 network adapters

   Hi,

   I'm running FreeBSD 9.1 RC1/AMD64 with VirtualBox. The problem I'm
facing is that I can't use more than 8 network adapters plugged to the
virtual machine.

    Recent VirtualBox releases (since the 4.2RC1) allow, with the ICH9
chipset, to plug more than 8 network adapters. It doesn't matter what
type of network adapter I use, FreeBSD seems not to see more than 8.

    I tried the same configuration (virtual machine with ICH9 chipset
and ten network adapters) with a Linux distribution (ubuntu). Linux
seems to see all the network adapters. Thus I would say it is not an
emulation@ problem, but maybe anyone in the list knows about this problem.

    I don't know if it's a net@ problem (already send it there too, I'm
waiting for some answers) or maybe it is a problem with the emulated
PCI-bridge and then stable@ should be contacted. Also, I'm not sure if a
real machine would support more than 8 network adapters or not. Any
hints would be appreciated.

    Best,

    Gustau

Prou top-posting :	http://ca.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting
Stop top-posting :	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style

O O O Gustau Pérez i Querol
O O O Departament d'Enginyeria Telemàtica
O O O Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
       Edifici C3 - Despatx S101-B
  UPC  Campus Nord UPC
       C/ Jordi Girona, 1-3
       08034 - Barcelona