Date:      Wed, 19 Dec 2012 10:13:52 +0000
From:      Chris Rees <utisoft@gmail.com>
To:        Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
Cc:        Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>, stable@freebsd.org, Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl>, pete wright <nomadlogic@gmail.com>, Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Subject:   Re: No more torrents.....
References:  <50D0308A.9000200@digiware.nl> <CAF6rxg=s23H5k-Hwzg=aj_--ju4vuA2sC35W=3fZgoiCr2mQdA@mail.gmail.com> <CADLo838e0YMe-1CrPBEYJySpq2oXADvO1qN2HS80y-5W1590kQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAGE5yCove76TQqcN98GDv7Q0YTPj=OruG4JPfjas8TvZ=7oh7A@mail.gmail.com> <CAGBmCT5f46sda_ABGpL0xOhGDAr-iEPB%2BN=mNey8AeFMYbunQQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAGE5yCrYcPD8Hd=HWfkAvzQFzVzBS9Xb_63ZtrQd3KdwP0XdnA@mail.gmail.com> <50D18D31.7080005@gmail.com>

On 19 Dec 2012 09:47, "Volodymyr Kostyrko" <c.kworr@gmail.com> wrote:

> 19.12.2012 01:22, Peter Wemm:
>
>>> I would be very much be willing to assist with seeding if we make dht
>>> torrent files available from my nodes located in downtown Los Angeles
>>> for west-coast and APAC network presence.
>>>
>>> as an aside:
>>> I have been running libtorrent/rtorrent for a bit and it seems like a
>>> pretty decent platform for building on.  having said that - I am not a
>>> security researcher and would be keen to hear if libtorrent/rotrrent
>>> suffers from these similar issues?
>>

>> Oh wait, I told a lie.  It wasn't py-bittornado we used.. it was
>> rtorrent.  Thanks for prompting that.
>>
>> I have no concerns with rtorrent except that it was a curses beastie.
>> It was something we had to manually start up after a machine reboot
>> until we did some evil scripts with screen.
>

> The ports contain at least two torrent clients that can daemonize:
transmission and btpd. At least first one surely knows about DHT.

Transmission definitely does, and it is built to be lightweight.

Would clusteradm be interested on that?

Chris