Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 1997 10:05:59 +0200
From:      Gerhardt Conway <gconway@csir.co.za>
To:        GConway@csir.co.za, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ST32171N UltraSCSI Disk Installation

Hi There.

I want to install a Seagate ST32171N UltraSCSI 2.16 Gbyte disk. This disk
will be the forth one on a FreeBSD machine. Already we have 2 X
2Gbyte and one 1Gbyte installed previously. This disk will be used purely
for mirroring. I would want to use the whole 2Gbyte for mirroring the
ATMForum site.  What is the mounting procedure please? As I can
understand thus far one has to attach parameters to a "disktab" file in the
/etc directory. I do not have a clue as to what these values might be nor
do I know what variables are to be used. Next one has to make use of
the "disklabel" command which then makes use of the values specified in
"/etc/disktab". What are the switches to be used if sd0 to sd2 are
already used? I presume that I will use rsd3. Next one issues the
command "newfs". How is it used please? And finally mounting the
device. One has to create a directory from root "mkdir atmforum" and
then mount the device to the atmforum directory. Please correct me if I
am wrong.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Gerhardt Conway