Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 1997 14:22:44 -1000 (HST)
From:      "David Langford" <langfod@dihelix.com>
To:        tom@uniserve.com (Tom Samplonius)
Cc:        langfod@dihelix.com, bradley@dunn.org, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: longer usernames

Tom Samplonius

>On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, David Langford wrote:
>
>> This is great. This is the first time I have seen anyone actually
>> say whether or not FreeBSD to FreeBSD NIS may work.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> -David Langford
>>  langfod@dihelix.com
>
>  Huh?  Why not?  FreeBSD NIS is great:
>
>Tom

Whoops, no the confusion was whether or not FreeBSD to FreeBSD NIS would
work with long user names.

In the past discusions it had usually been mentioned that NIS and long
user names would cause problems  but it was never clear if this was
also the cause in homogenious environments.

:)

-David Langford
 langfod@dihelix.com