Date:      Fri, 18 Dec 1998 10:37:53 -0800
From:      "Mark VandeWettering" <markv@pixar.com>
To:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   It's probably staring me in the face....

Okay, it's probably staring me in the face, but I am trying to build my
own custom version of the PicoBSD release.  I basically cloned the "dial"
layout, modified the list of programs in the crunch.conf file, and attempted
to rebuild.  After a few minor problems (the build scripts have some odd
dependencies which say if $(TYPE) != dial which I needed to modify) I got
something that will boot, load the rc files from /etc and present me with a
login prompt.

The problem: when I attempt to login, it fails saying that it cannot
find /usr/bin/login.  Now, for the life of me, I can't figure out where
the dial build installs this and mine doesn't.  I apologize for my near
certain abject stupidity.  I am under the impression that it must be built
as part of the crunch1 build, but am somewhat baffled.

Suggestions anyone?

	Mark

--
Mark T. VandeWettering 			Telescope Information (and more)
Email: <markv@pixar.com> 		http://www.idle.com/~markv/