Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 1995 09:42:34 +0800 (HKT)
From:      "Raju M. Daryanani" <raju@rssd.hk.olivetti.com>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.1 will require a minimum of 8MB for installation.

According to Terry Lambert:

> You guys build MIPS boxes, right?  What's the hardware documentation

Not any more as far as I'm aware.  There were two ACE compliant MIPS
models that were released a couple of years ago, but they never went
anywhere after ACE fell apart and we dropped them.

> Is this one of yours?  Can you provide cold boot and other programming
> info?

I don't have anything myself, so I can't help.  Besides I doubt you can
buy many boxes even if there are still a few in stock.

> Are you guys building any PPC boxes?

No, I've been told there aren't any plans.  We do have a stake in Power
Computing, which was the first company to license MacOS for the PPC, but
the stake was obtained a long time back and there is no plan
to enter the PPC market.  If you've been reading the industry news of
late you probably know we've got enough problems in the PC market to keep
us busy.

Raju
--
Raju M. Daryanani          | Email: raju@rssd.hk.olivetti.com