Date:      Sat, 19 Mar 2005 12:36:01 -0600
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Murray Stokely <murray@freebsdmall.com>
Subject:   Re: fam

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 10:25:59 -0800, Bruce A. Mah <bmah@freebsd.org> wrote:

> If memory serves me right, Adam Weinberger wrote:
>> Bruce A. Mah wrote:

>> > Well, I'm strongly influenced by my ex-RE-ness, but I'd think that the
>> > release notes would be one (but not the only) reasonable place to put
>> > this.  We already have a note for the 2.10 upgrade, and I think that
>> it
>> > could use a little more explication vis a vis:
>> >
>> > 1.  The gnome_upgrade.sh script no longer upgrades ports that GNOME
>> > depends on (but are not parts of GNOME itself).  Users may need to
>> > manually upgrade certain ports (for example, using portupgrade(1))
>> > before running the upgrade script to ensure that they are compatible
>> > with GNOME 2.10.  Specific examples are devel/libtool15 (1.5.10_1 or
>> > later required) and print/freetype2 (2.1.9 or later required).
>>
>> That is incorrect.
>
> That wasn't very helpful.  What part is incorrect?  I see a lot of

I think, what adamw means is that it's fixed in the lastest version of
gnome_upgrade.sh. Many users have that kind of problem was 'kind of
unexpected', because we all only tested with lastest everything of GNOME
2.8+ports+UPDATING and upgrade to GNOME 2.10 went smooth.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org