Date:      23 Mar 98 14:31:38 +0100
From:      leifn@image.dk (Leif Neland)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FTP install...

At 23 Mar 98 05:39:15 Keith Woodworth wrote regarding Re: FTP install...

 > On Sun, 22 Mar 1998, Doug White wrote:

 >> ftp://192.168.0.2/pub/FreeBSD/2.1.7-RELEASE

 >> The installer automatically searches under the directory for the release
 >> specified in the options screen, so simply specify the URL as

 >> ftp://192.168.0.2/pub/FreeBSD/

 KW> I managed to get it installed anyway. I just changed the
 KW> 2.1.7-RELEASE tag to NONE under options and as soon as I told it
 KW> where to look it took off like a shot and did a complete
 KW> install.

Same pot of tea. The installer tries to fetch from ${SITE}${RELEASE},
so if you append ${RELEASE} to ${SITE} yourself and leave ${RELEASE} blank, or
does it "the correct way", you fetch from the same place.

Leif Neland
leifn@image.dk

---