Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 1995 19:45:53 +0200
From:      Hinrich Eilts <eilts@iwte01.dialin.rrze.uni-erlangen.de>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New "release candidate floppies" available

"The most important feature of any automatic: the possibility to switch
it off"
For installation this means to get a simple shell.
According to doc, "Esc" should spawn a shell, but it dosen't.
After some tries with the new install-floppies (including the
Jun 04. - floppies) I installed 2.0.5 over an 2.0 system with
2 slices: first DOS, secound FreeBSD. If it is booted with an
2.0-kernel, anything looks ok, but booting with an 2.0.5-kernel,
I got (from dmesg)
sd0: rejecting partition in BSD label: it isn't entirely within the slice
sd0: start 204800, end 4108287, size 3903488
sd0d: start 0, end 4108599, size 4108600
sd0: rejecting partition in BSD label: it isn't entirely within the slice
sd0g: start 32, end 204799, size 204768
"disklabel sd0" reports only my bsd-partitions, moved to the begin of
the drive where DOS should be. Was format of disklabel changed?

Hinrich