Date:      Mon, 09 Mar 2020 06:49:54 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org, Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>, freebsd security <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Critical PPP Daemon Flaw

On March 9, 2020 4:23:10 AM PDT, Miroslav Lachman <000=2Efbsd@quip=2Ecz> wr=
ote:
>I don't know if FreeBSD is vulnerable or not=2E There are main Linux=20
>distros and NetBSD listed in the article=2E
>
>https://thehackernews=2Ecom/2020/03/ppp-daemon-vulnerability=2Ehtml
>
>The vulnerability, tracked as CVE-2020-8597 [1] with CVSS Score 9=2E8,
>can=20
>be exploited by unauthenticated attackers to remotely execute arbitrary
>
>code on affected systems and take full control over them=2E
>
>[1] https://www=2Ekb=2Ecert=2Eorg/vuls/id/782301/
>
>Kind regards
>Miroslav Lachman

Probably not=2E Ours is a different codebase from NetBSD=2E I haven't look=
ed at what Red Hat has, no comment about theirs=2E However it would be prud=
ent to verify our pppd isn't also vulnerable=2E

--=20
Pardon the typos and autocorrect, small keyboard in use=2E=20
Cy Schubert <Cy=2ESchubert@cschubert=2Ecom>
FreeBSD UNIX: <cy@FreeBSD=2Eorg> Web: https://www=2EFreeBSD=2Eorg

The need of the many outweighs the greed of the few=2E

Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail=2E Please excuse my brevity=2E