Date:      Sun, 22 Mar 2020 21:15:51 +0100
From:      Mateusz Piotrowski <0mp@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Pedro Giffuni <pfg@FreeBSD.org>, FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Anyone interested in helping with linux-wps-office ?

On 3/22/20 5:59 AM, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> I recently got asked about WPS Office, a really nice office suite that
> works on the linuxulator:
>
>      http://linux.wps.com/
> So, I updated a basic port for it here:
>
> https://people.freebsd.org/~pfg/ports/linux-wps-office.tgz
>
> The above passes portlint but I really don't know well how linuxulator
> ports should work.
I'd like to know more about those ports as well.
> Open questions:
>
> - Does the RPM stuff figure out the right PREFIX? In order words, is the
> path OK?
>
> - Do I have to add a softlink so the program can be executed?
>
> - What to do about desktop icons.
>
> - I still have to figure out what to do about fonts, if anything.

As fair as I understand the documentation, everything should be
installed in the default PREFIX (usually /usr/local). At least, that's
what I did recently for the biology/linux-foldingathome port, which
works nicely with our Linux compatibility layer. Only infrastructure
packages (such as libraries) should be installed under /compat/linux.

It would be great, however, to learn more from people who worked more
with ports utilizing Linuxulator.

Regards,

Mateusz Piotrowski