Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2023 13:58:42 +0100
From:      void <void@f-m.fm>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Cc:        sergeantsagara@protonmail.com
Subject:   Re: State of the freebsd/crochet project?

Hello,

On Mon, Oct 16, 2023 at 03:05:58AM +0000, Rahul Rameshbabu wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I was wondering what was the FreeBSD community's stance on the crochet
>project for helping developers build images for single board computer
>and other unique platforms from FreeBSD source.

[...]

>I thought about forking the project and maintaining a version with the
>PRs cleaned up if need be and merged. I think it would be nice to keep
>freebsd/crochet active though given it is under the freebsd org on
>GitHub.

I've used it before and it was great. I'd certainly use it again
especially if it worked for newer stuff like risc64.

I wonder if using it would be of assistance in keeping
the msdos efi parts up-to-date with respect to various
board and freebsd versions.

Please let me know off-list if you decide to fork it.