Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 23:09:04 -0600
From:      "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@iteration.net>
To:        Lonnie Nunweiler <lonnie@valemount.com>
Cc:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCM520 cpu

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 07:45:38PM -0800, Lonnie Nunweiler scribbled:
| I have been trying to get either picoBSD or standard FreeBSD 4.1 running on
| a small system with an AMD SCM520 cpu and a TI PCI1211 PCI PCMCIA controller.
|
| The trouble starts in that the cpu does not integrate a PCI-ISA bridge.  I
| know pccardd will support the driver, because I have a Fujitsu laptop with
| a Ricoh chip from the same series of  driver, and it works, in fact it even
| works as far bask as ver 3.4.
|
| Is there any way to force pccardd to use just a PCI interface, instead of
| the ISA bridge stuff?  Or is there a replacement that handles straight PCI
| devices?

You may be out of luck here.  IIRC, our PCI pccard support is still
a little whacked. (The reason why Lucent PCI<->PCCARD cards will
not work on FreeBSD.)  You may have to use -CURRENT in conjunction
with flash card or other removable media.

Warner Losh would be much more knowledgeable about this.
/me hides