Date:      Tue, 10 Jan 2012 17:14:41 -0500
From:      Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
To:        Michael Scheidell <scheidell@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Barbara <barbara.xxx1975@libero.it>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: repocopying games/linux-enemyterritory-jaymod

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Michael Scheidell
<scheidell@freebsd.org> wrote:
> lets start by opening a PR for each port, offering to take maintainership.
>
> (edit-pr.. I think the class is 'change-request')

send-pr or the web form

> once you are approved as maintainer, you would then ask a committer to set
> class for repocopy.

status not class

> and, maybe you can just set class as repocopy in the initial pr.

nope

> include patches against the COPY in your PR

copy should be identical

> GNATS will auto assign it to portmgr, who will make the copy (which
> preserves the cvs history),
> once copy is made, it will be re-assigned back to the pool, or a committer
> who will commit your changes.

The committer who asked for the repo copy gets it, it does not go back
to the pool. Do not submit a repocopy you don't intend to deal with (I
learned this lesson some time ago).

--
Eitan Adler