Date:      Thu, 05 Mar 2009 15:18:29 +0200
From:      Manolis Kiagias <sonic2000gr@gmail.com>
To:        Michael <wxiluo@gmail.com>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: about HTML-book maker

Michael wrote:
> Dear FreeBSD handbook managers,
>
> I'm a little boy who are learning FreeBSD. I got involved with it when
> I installed it on my PC.
>
> I set up a blog about my stories about using FreeBSD to share my
> experience. But editing posts is my biggest problem.
> I'd like to make a HTML book page like the handbook of FreeBSD.
> How could you make so nice HTML book page? Using software? What is it?
>
> I'd appreciate it if you would reply soon..
>
> I'm of the opinion that you should put some information about how to
> make the handbook like FreeBSD handbook. It can help the persons who
> want to write more books and share with others.
>
> Yours sincerely,
> Michael

Hello Michael,

Indeed, we are using some tools to create the handbook. We are glad you
like the results ;)

Generally you would need to install the textproc/docproj-jadetex port

For details on using this, please read the fdp-primer here:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/

Generally, it would be much easier if you start by installing the
software and using it to compile the FreeBSD documentation first.
You can then easily pick up a ready e.g. article and use it as a stub to
create your own.  This is not really a difficult process.

I'll be glad to help you on your first steps, just email me directly
with your questions.

Cheers,
Manolis