Date:      Sat, 27 Jul 2002 02:26:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      c0llisi0n <epsilon@ircd2.lomag.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   adduser/useradd via the command line

Hello,

   Here is the problem, I'd like to use adduser (or pw useradd) to add a
user and (fun part) their password via the command line and not interactive mode. This
is needed for a php script (which calls system()).

   My other plan was to parse master.passwd manually, but... Anyways, I've
seen what I'm requesting done before but couldn't locate the script.

  So, if anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Lastly, I
am aware that I shouldn't be having the password in the command line, but
(sadly) I'll take the risk and do my best to secure it. And yes, I have
read the man pages, but they seemed somewhat cryptic.

Thanks again.