Date:      Sat, 18 Jan 2003 15:43:21 +0100
From:      Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: redirections on Web site?

On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 09:15:37AM -0500, Michael Lucas wrote:
> I'm polishing up the press release for 5.0, and have hit a bit of a
> snag.

What about international versions of the press releases, btw?

> It occurs to me that the simplest way to do this is with a
> redirect, which leads me to two questions:

Well, the main problem with redirects is that they will only work
on the master site, not on any of the mirrors.  Ask webmaster@ if
they are willing to add one (I would not bet money on it).

If in doubt, just point everybody to http://www.freebsd.org/.

/s/Udo