Date:      Tue, 24 Dec 2002 12:26:44 +0100
From:      Baas van Grat <lo0@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Thinkpad 600 (Type 2645) & display settings & sound

Hi all,

I' m runnig FreeBSD4_7 on an TP600 (Type 2645). It's runnig fine 'n fast :-)
But when I'm away from Keyboard for round about 10 minutes, the display goes black with backgroundlight from the display still on  :-( This doesn't look like harware-energy-saving because off the backgroundlight burning all day long. Even when the display is xlocked it goes black with the backgroundlight still on... Any hints friends?

Furthermore I'd like to know the most elegant way to turn sound on on an TP600 (Type 2645). How did you solve this issue.

Thanx in advance an merry christmas,
Baas