Date:      Sun, 27 Sep 1998 18:17:31 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   VM86 and APM

Does anybody know of any problem using VM86 and the apm driver together?

Looking casually at the source code of apm.c, I realize that it tries
to use the VM86 service if available.

However, when I boot the kernel with VM86, I get:

apm0 not found.

The kernel without VM86 used to detect the apm BIOS in my box all right.

Kazu

PS. The SMP kernel needs a slight modification in VM86 to boot the
kernel with apm or VESA service. tegge@fast.no has the fix. However,
even after his fix, the apm BIOS is not found by the kernel.