Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 15:21:39 -0600
From:      mdickerson@officeonweb.net
To:        Ben Loyall <bloyall@loyall.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mysql make error

Well,

Don't know if this helps, but someone that knows how mysql builds . . .

In the work/mysql-3.23.38/Makefile, there is "WRAPLIBS = -Lyes/lib -lwrap".
But of course, if you remove
"--with-libwrap \" from the /usr/ports/mysql323-server/Makefile, you'll get
the same error, without the "cant' cd to yes/lib" issue.

That error produced (once again) is:
hostname.o: In function `ip_to_hostname(in_addr *, unsigned int *)':
hostname.o(.text+0x52b): undefined reference to `my_gethostbyname_r'
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I'm guessing there have been some changes to some libraries from 3.5 to 4.x
(fixes)?

mike