Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 1995 10:05:35
From:      gcrutcher@datatrek.com (Gary Crutcher)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP Connection

Does anyone know how to detect if you got disconnected while in a PPP
session and then be able to automatically reconnect?

I have started PPP from a terminal session, then issued the dial
command, and gotten connected to my service provider.  I need to know
how to detect if I get disconnected, ams then, somwhow get reconnected
without being in from of my computer (i.e., automatically detect
diconnection and then automatically reconnect).

Thanks,
Gary Crutcher