Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 1995 17:19:56 -0500
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>
Cc:        didier@aida.remcomp.fr, FreeBSD-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: cdev major number for a cyrix driver

<<On Wed, 22 Feb 1995 14:13:10 -0800 (PST), Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com> said:

>> > 	sysctl cpu.cyrix.cache.foo
>>
>> This would make sense for either the hw.devconf entry for the CPU (as
>> a blob), or else somewhere under machdep.

> Well it's your stuff.  Inform us to where it belongs...

Well, that would depend on how it's implemented.  Just pick one
mechanism, and then show it to me, and I'll tell you what's wrong with
it.  Iterate a few times, and we should have something.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.