Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 2003 08:57:18 -0600 (CST)
From:      Lee J Carmichael <lcarmich@wamnet.com>
To:        Wayne Pascoe <freebsd@penguinpowered.org.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Changing comment color in vim

Hello Wayne,

Here is what I add to make the comments change in vim. You need to add it
to the ~/.vimrc.

hi Comment ctermfg=darkmagenta

You may want to first run the color tests to make sure that the color you
choose actually works in your current terminal.  The following will run a
color test to see the colors that work.

:e $VIMRUNTIME/syntax/colortest.vim
:so %

I hope this helps.