Date:      Mon, 30 Jun 1997 00:50:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mark Huizer <xaa@stack.nl>
To:        freebsd-ports
Subject:   Re: ports/3984: Upgrade for kaffe from 0.8.4 to 0.9.1 (Java 1.1.2 compliant)

The following reply was made to PR ports/3984; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mark Huizer <xaa@stack.nl>
To: Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 09:41:50 +0200

 The wise Bill Fenner produced the following lines:
 > xaa@stack.nl wrote:
 > >+DISTFILES=	${DISTNAME}.tgz kaffe-0.9.1-package-biss-net.com.tgz \
 > >+		kaffe-0.9.1-package-javasoft.com.tgz
 >
 > Does it make sense to just s/kaffe-0.9.1/${DISTNAME}/, since all
 > you changed on these 2 lines seems to have been the old distname
 > to the new one?

 Well, at least for the kaffe-0.9.1-package-javasoft.com.tgz I hope I'm
 not gonna have to do that again. It's too big to download each and
 everytime. (Being just the classes.zip file, that should be constant
 unless kaffe or some other project comes up with a replacement that is
 freely distributable and good enough to take the place of Sun's stuff)

 Mark
 - Mark Huizer  - xaa@stack.nl     - rcbamh@urc.tue.nl                   -
 -   Those who say they understand chess, understand nothing (Hubner)    -