Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2000 07:38:49 -0700
From:      Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson <insane@lunatic.oneinsane.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   mpd and NAT

I am working on a machine running FreeBSD 4.1-Release. It mission in
life is to act as a gateway for a home network. The machine has 2 USR
Couriers and a NIC card. I downloaded mpd-2.0b2 to handle the chores of
getting the 2 USR's to dial and bond to the ISP.

For starters I am just working with mpd and getting it configured to
dial into the ISP. With the example in the sample (single modem)
modified to dial into my ISP I get connected but am unable to ping my IP
address or the IP address of the machine on the other end. Once I get
this accomplished the final is to get both modems to dial using
bandwidth allocation and dial-on-demand with the Ring back feature
enabled.

From what I have read it also looks that mpd has not NAT capabilities. I
am assuming that I will have to accomplish this from NATD or IPFilters
ipnat.

Archie you did a hell of a job on mpd.

TIA