Date:      Thu, 01 Nov 2001 09:13:44 -0800
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <myevmenk@digisle.net>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: weird -current gdb/gcc(?) problem

Joerg,

> > first of all i want to apoligize. i sent the wrong output. yes, it
> > does the right thing if you use "-g" switch, however it does not
> > work for me if i use "-ggdb" switch.
>
> Indeed, the output generated with -ggdb looks weird.  But then, it
> never occurred to me to use -ggdb at all.  Why would one want to do
> this?

i have one program that works on linux and solaris and i need
to run it on freebsd. the "-ggdb" switch is in program's Makefile.
i can compile it just fine, but when i run it - it core dumps.
the core dump is more weird that "gdb" frame output. "gdb" shows
endless recursive call to

inet_addr()
__inet_aton()
inet_addr()
__inet_aton()

etc. as soon as there is no more stack - program coredumps :(
so i'm trying to fix it.

thanks,
max