Date:      Tue, 24 Dec 1996 23:15:43 -0600 (CST)
From:      Aleph One <aleph1@dfw.net>
To:        freebsd-core@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IP Filtering to www.freebsd.org

   I have come across some disturbing information. It seem that FreeBSD
project is filtering IP packets comming from the OpenBSD project. In
particular access from 199.185.137.*, and maybe 199.185.136.*, to
www.freebsd.org. If this is true it marks a very low point on the history
of FreeBSD.

   This from a project that claims: "We believe that our first and
foremost "mission" is to provide code to any and all comers, and for
whatever purpose, so that the code gets the widest possible use and
provides the widest possible benefit. This is, I believe, one of the most
fundamental goals of Free Software and one that we enthusiastically
support."

   If the project is to succeed its in the basis of its quality, support,
and technical merits, and not by means of cheap tricks. Anyone wish to
comment?

Aleph One / aleph1@dfw.net
http://underground.org/
KeyID 1024/948FD6B5
Fingerprint EE C9 E8 AA CB AF 09 61  8C 39 EA 47 A8 6A B8 01