Date:      Fri, 1 Aug 1997 09:14:38 -0500 (CDT)
From:      dave adkins <adkin003@gold.tc.umn.edu>
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   interrupt latency and silo overflows in SMP since 970729

Hi,

Have there been any changes since 970729 that could have increased
interrupt latencies significantly in the SMP kernel? I'm used to a few
silo overflows now and then but kernels after 970729 have seem to have
increased their frequency by about a factor of ten.

My hw is a tyan S1563D 2x200 with 80Mbytes of DRAM, ide and NCR scsi.
Replacing wd with v1.132 and building with wd82371 for piix3 support I
still see the silo problem.

dave adkins