Date:      Mon, 22 May 2000 22:00:29 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Thomas Shay <tshay@email.unc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Should pcmcia card be recognized in install?

In message <Pine.LNX.4.21L1.0005221703400.32144-100000@tethys.cep.unc.edu> Thomas Shay writes:
: I'm messing around witj various pcmcia cards. I just installed 4.0-release
: on a Thinkpad 600e (2645-UN1). I have a Megahertz CC10BT/2 10MBps ethernet
: card installed and connected to the net during install. I go about
: installing the system, and then when it gets to networking, my only
: choices are slip and ppp. Does this indicate that the card is not being
: recognized at this point, or does networking with pcmcia ethernet cards
: always have to be configured after installation is complete?

Should be.

However, there are lots of problems.  If your pcic has a different irq
than 10, it won't work.  You may also need to get the irq's right for
the pccard in the setup.  It is all a big pita right now.  The
CC10BT/2 is supported in 4.0, to a point (only one of them will work
on a segment at a time).  I'm using that exact card right now in
-current (which has had this bug fixed).

Warner