Date:      Fri, 7 May 1999 20:34:03 +0100
From:      "Rich Wood" <rich@dynamite.org>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compiling Kernel with AVM_A1_PCI

I'm trying to compile a Kernel with support for my AVM Fritz!PCI card,
however, when compiling, it fails with the following error

sh ../../conf/newvers.sh GENERIC -DAVM_A1_PCI
cc -c -O -Wreturn-type -Wcomment -Wredundant-decls -Wimplicit  -Wnested-
externs
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes  -Wpointer-arith -Winline -
Wuninitializ
ed -Wformat -Wunused  -fformat-extensions -ansi  -nostdinc -I- -I. -I../..
-I/us
r/include -DAVM_A1_PCI -DKERNEL -DVM_STACK -include opt_global.h -elf
vers.c
i4b_isic_pci.o: In function `i4b_pci_attach':
i4b_isic_pci.o(.text+0x141): undefined reference to `avma1pp_map_int'
i4b_isic_pci.o: In function `isic_pciattach':
i4b_isic_pci.o(.text+0x196): undefined reference to `isic_attach_avma1pp'
*** Error code 1

Stop.
[root@zippy /usr/src/sys/compile/GENERICISDN]#

The system is FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE with i4b-00.80.00-beta-070599, and the
Kernel is GENERIC with the following appended to it.

#ISDN support

options "AVM_A1_PCI"
device isic0

# ISDN Protocol Stack
# -------------------
#
# Q.921 / layer 2 - i4b passive cards D channel handling
pseudo-device   "i4bq921"
#
# Q.931 / layer 3 - i4b passive cards D channel handling
pseudo-device   "i4bq931"
#
# layer 4 - i4b common passive and active card handling
pseudo-device   "i4b"

# ISDN devices
# ------------
#
# userland driver to do ISDN tracing (for passive cards only)
pseudo-device   "i4btrc"        4
#
# userland driver to control the whole thing
pseudo-device   "i4bctl"
#
# userland driver for access to raw B channel
pseudo-device   "i4brbch"       4
#
# userland driver for telephony
pseudo-device   "i4btel"        2
#
# network driver for IP over raw HDLC ISDN
pseudo-device   "i4bipr"        4
# enable VJ header compression detection for ipr i/f
options         IPR_VJ
#
# network driver for sync PPP over ISDN
pseudo-device   "i4bisppp"      4
pseudo-device   sppp            4
#

The archive was extracted into /usr/src/i4b, and FreeBSD was upgraded
using FreeBSD/overinstall.sh

The userland programs were installed using "make depend && make && make
install" and the Kernel was compiled using "make clean && make depend &&
make".

Am I doing something wrong here, or is my Kernel config incorrect?

Rich
Rich
--
rich@dynamite.org
If that's what they call normal, I'd rather be insane.